Monday, June 7, 2010

Goat sitting

No, it is not a new craze...sitting on goats...I am caring for a small herd of goats at the coast. I underestimated how much fiber I would be spinning and have spun it all...I have no fiber left to spin. So I have turned to knitting. It is a slow process for me as I can't knit for very long. I chose an entralac vest knit from some 2 ply 30%silk-70%merino from Ashford.I loved spinning this fiber, plying is still very hard for me but the pattern is great! I purchased it recently at Monarch in Pacific Grove...if you have never shopped at Monarch you have missed a great store. It is my favorite yarn-fiber-weaving store. I will bring the vest with me to the July meeting as I will not be there for the June meeting.
I look forward to being your Vice Prez...look forward to sharing the Xmas sock patterns with all in August...look forward to starting a weekly spinning night for any who can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment